Sunday, August 23, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Well, here we are safe and sound. 2,492 miles in 9 days.

I had planned a nice summary post for today, full of profound observations and all the stuff that I missed along the way. But...

We slept in a little this morning, and took our time with breakfast, so we didn't hit the road until after 10:30. I had purposely planned the last two days' ride home from Niagara Falls to be fairly easy, after all the pushing we had to do along the way. So it was still no sweat to get home at a reasonable time, as long as Annie (my bike) would decide to cooperate.

There was one time where she wouldn't start, but 10 seconds later I tried again and we were on our way. I guess I'm going to replace a set of plug wires and a $250 ignition module and see what happens. With 49,000 miles on that bike, I guess you can expect a failure or two by now. At least we're home.

Over half the days since we left have had some rain, and we gave up the ice-bucket-parking-lot wash routine in Riviere-du-Loup, Quebec on Wednesday. They've been filthy since, as evidenced above. So, we got home around 3, gave them a little bath, unpacked, (all that crap in the cart at left came off our two bikes!) started laundry, and here we are ready to hit the sack and get ready for the daily grind tomorrow.

That final post will have to wait a day or two. Aside from all the interesting stuff I didn't get to talk about, today was a significant day for us - another one of those neat coincidence-type things that seem to define our lives together. Details to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment