Friday, August 23, 2013

A River Of Iron Flows Home



That's the phrase used by Harley-Davidson for their 100th Anniversary celebration in 2003.  It's now time for the 110th, and I loved that line so I'm stealing it for my title.

I was fortunate enough to take my 100th Anniversary bike out for that celebration in 2003, and I actually documented it in my old blog, linked at right.  Donna and I first met on our way to the 105th - those entries from the same blog are kinda neat to read in restrospect - and so we've been looking forward to this with quite a bit of excitement for a long time.

We're going to take a route through Canada, (of course!) get there the night before everything starts, and then make a mad dash back to our real home Sunday and Monday.  As always, no guarantees as to how frequently we will update - especially while we're out festing - but we will do our best.

Kickstands up 8 am.  Hasta la vista.

No comments:

Post a Comment